d&b audiotechnik are offering a seminar on Electroacoustics
This seminar is free of charge.
The seminar provides a comprehensive guide to the principles of acoustics. How does sound propagate? How do sound waves combine? To mention a couple of the important questions that will be answered during this session in an informative and entertaining way. Attendees are asked to participate during the day to ensure that no one is left behind.
The Electroacoustics seminar is suitable for all levels of experience and the seminar format can be flexible and audience led.
To gain further understanding of the principles of electroacoustics for sound system design and engineering. Discover how loudspeakers interact with their environment and how to achieve intelligible sound to every listener.
Novices and students will gain new skills whilst those with more experience will enjoy refreshing their knowledge.
The focus of the day is on achieving intelligibility; if you’re passionate about sound, then you want to get clear, intelligible sound to every seat in the house. Most sound engineers have a good knowledge of the electronic signal path, but are less sure of the acoustic signal path between the loudspeaker and the listener’s ears.
- Further our understanding of sound ‘fun’damentals and help you to understand some of the physics through experiments and practical demonstrations.
- Investigate system sizing: how loud does it need to be, how much headroom is needed and what system will achieve this?
- Analyse addition and subtraction of sound waves and consider the drawbacks and benefits.
- Explore what happens to sound in our working environment and the different factors that change it's propagation.
- Define the parameters that constitute a well behaved (and badly behaved) loudspeaker.
- Look at the d&b acoustics calculator and find out how it can help in your system designs. You will receive a copy.
Along the way, we will take in all the acoustics and physics that you will need. We avoid the ‘chalk and talk’ approach; listening, practical experiments and reasoned discussion take the place of the blackboard as much as possible.
The workshop or seminar content is conveyed in a format that encourages the participants to play an active role, for example exchanging experiences or using practical examples.
Number of participants
Free of charge.
Relevant documentation such as Technical Information and System Brochures will be available to take away.
Every participant is presented with a certificate at the end of the event in which they have taken part.
From 10:30 to 17:30.
d&b audiotechnik GB,
Nailsworth Mills Estate,
Avening Road, Nailsworth, Stroud
Please note, this course is organised and provided by d&b audiotechnik and is open to the general public.
Book your place via the d&b website here